1. Persons under the age of 18 are not permitted to hire any unit, or to occupy any unit unless accompanied by an adult who shall be responsible for them.
2. A deposit is payable on booking. The balance is payable not less than 6 weeks before arrival. In the event of cancellation, every effort will be made to re-let the accommodation and, if successful, the deposit (and subsequent payment if already made) will be refunded less any expenses incurred by Aviemore Highland Holiday Homes. If Aviemore Highland Holiday Homes do not succeed in re-letting the accommodation the hirer will be liable for the full hire charge. Hirers are strongly advised , in their own interest, to insure against cancellation due to circumstances beyond their control.
3. Except by special arrangement, with Aviemore Highland Holiday Homes, hirers may take possession of their accommodation after 4pm (1600) on the arrival date. Hirers should vacate the accommodation by 10am (1000) on their departure date. Hirers delayed on route are asked, in their own interest, to advise Aviemore Highland Holiday Homes by telephone as soon as possible.
4. Unless prior notice of late arrival has been received, and acknowledged, Aviemore Highland Holiday Homes reserve the right to re-let the accommodation by 12 noon (1200) on the day following the arrival date.
5. The accommodation must not be sub-let and only the persons listed on the booking form may occupy the accommodation overnight (except by special arrangement with Aviemore Highland Holiday Homes). IN NO CIRCUMSTANCES may the accommodation be used for sleeping more than the maximum number of persons stated.
6. Hirers are responsible for keeping the accommodation and its equipment clean during their occupation and for handing it back in like condition when vacating.
7. A deposit may be taken on arrival. Cash deposits will be returned during the week following departure on the condition that the accommodation has been left as found (ie. clean and tidy with nothing broken or missing). Damage or breakages must be reported immediately and paid for on demand. Lost or damaged articles should not be replaced but should be paid for before leaving. If accommodation is left in a condition such that additional cleaning or washing up is required a charge will be retained from the deposit.
8. No gas or paraffin stoves are to be used in any unit. Under no circumstances are cookers to be used for space heating.
9. Hirers must accept full responsibility for their own personal property. Lost property is retained for 3 months and then disposed of at Aviemore Holiday Homes' discretion.
10. Aviemore Holiday Homes reserve the right to cancel the booking of those persons either behaving in a manner, or being responsible for those behaving in a manner, which is likely to cause offence or annoyance to other hirers/visitors. No refund will be given.
11. During extreme weather conditions water supplies to properties may be unavailable. Where conditions are beyond our control refunds/reductions will not be made.
12. The company regrets that it cannot accept any responsibility to pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our contract with you is prevented or affected by reason of circumstances which amount to 'force majeure'. Circumstances amounting to 'force majeure' include any event which we could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such circumstances include destruction or damage to your accommodation (which cannot reasonably be remedied to a satisfactory standard before the start of your holiday) through fire, flood, explosion, storm or weather damage, break-in, criminal damage or similar event. Such circumstances also include riots or civil strife, industrial action, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions, war or threat of war, actual or threatened terrorist activity and all similar situations beyond our control.
13. Vehicles and their accessories and contents are left entirely at your own risk.
14. Pets are accepted only by prior arrangement.
Additional Terms and Conditions for Hirers of the Chalet at Speyside Leisure Park
Speed A speed limit of 10 mph applies through the park. Please drive carefully and always be on the alert for young children. The park is a 'Public Place' and so the same regulations that apply to the highways apply equally to the park.
Sports Facilities Rules pertaining to the use of the sports facilities, and adherence to these rules, is a condition of entry to theses facilities.
Fishing Fishing is by permit only. Details are available from the park reception.
Firearms Firearms and all like equipment, sporting or otherwise, are expressly prohibited from the park. This includes (but is not restricted to) air guns, shotguns, rifles, catapults, crossbows, archery bows and missiles of any kind.
Children for their own safety children should be encouraged to play in the designated play areas and kept off the roadways.
River The River Spey is an attraction of the park but is also dangerous especially with regard to children. Parents must accompany their children at all times whilst at the river.